Sunday, July 12, 2009

Welcome Home Glamour Cat!



I have read a lot of blogs during the short time I have been exposed. Not a lot lately - like most of 2008 and 2009, due to lack of time available. I think I have read enough to know the following: bloggers love to welcome their new animals via blog posts. Some folks even bring you in on the anticipation of the new pet. (thank you, dana). I actually think it is something great about which to blog - a new pet is a new member of the family. End of sentence.




That is why I am so excited to tell y'all about Glamour Cat. This is something we have been anticipating since early June when TK lovingly leaned over in bed one night and shared his iTouch with me and said the following words, "This is what I want for Father's Day." My response was one of my most loving, "Then you should have it, get it now." That's when the transaction began. TK should come with a warning label from time to time. You know, the normal warnings:




  • Don't let him drink and eat at the same time, or he might cuddle up in an empty booth and go to sleep.


  • Don't tell him you would rather make your own homemade pie rather than buy one at Perkins, because he will think that sounds like a great idea!


  • Don't let him order something unless he is CERTAIN he knows where he lives. That includes the zip code.


And, sure there are plenty of other warnings (of course there are many that pertain to me, but this is my blog), but let's just say that the prints showed up last week, after some re-routing across the country side. Glamour Cat has traveled. He has seen the world.



It is really with no further snarky comments that I introduce you to the new member of our "team." The new FOTK (friend of the kim's). The new mantelpiece in my kitchen. I give you Booted Glamour Cat, and Soul of the Glamour Cat:


Seriously, Happy Father's Day to a dad that: swung kids in the pool this weekend, helped them jump of the diving board for the first time, geared up a tackle box for his son, did all the grocery shopping, played hockey (and only lost by one), and still managed to get his little kitties framed.

1 comment:

tinmantonlove said...

just catching up on your blog postings...hee hee! love them all, but noticed my name highlighted on this one in particular! funny i read it today, as my husband once again reminded me that i was the one who gave the green light. warning from me...don't do it until HE is ready too! trust me...the party pony (aka, dodger) has taken a toll...and i endure even more. stick with glamour cat for now...she appears rather low maintenance!