Friday, May 1, 2009

The perfect amount of time....


I just love this picture. I didn't even know it was out there, until super star friend Alix shared it with me on facebook. It's the St Pat's parade in Lawrence. Lots of wonderful children in this picture. Mine needed a haircut, and he received such haircut later that two weeks.
Things have been hectic and chaotic. Not to mention a little busy and hurried. April 2009 is not a month to which I would prefer to be measured in future years.
SIDENOTE: you may not know this about me, but I am really pulling for 2010 (ONLY to be pronounced "twenty ten". I think it is going to be super fun (and for those that can follow, "just like senior year, only funner!") That being said, I leave you with this fabulous reminder that I should be flogged for not enjoying the journey:

Constantine P. Cavafy
Ithaca (1911)
When you set out on your journey to Ithaca,
pray that the road is long,
full of adventure, full of knowledge.
...Always keep Ithaca in your mind.
To arrive there is your ultimate goal.
But do not hurry the voyage at all.
It is better to let it last for many years;
and to anchor at the island when you are old,
rich with all you have gained on the way,
not expecting that Ithaca will offer you riches.
Ithaca has given you the beautiful voyage.
Without her you would have never set out on the road.
She has nothing more to give you.
And if you find her poor, Ithaca has not deceived you.
Wise as you have become, with so much experience,
you must already have understood what Ithacas mean.
So...cheers to the bday party for the 5 year old friend tomorrow, and cheers to the Costco trip, and cheers to the Derby Party (Billy B and Sasa!) and cheers to the Atoms hockey game after...

No comments: